Q. How Do I Pay Hourly Wages?
Wages can be paid to hourly wage earners and salary wage earners. This answer focuses on hourly wage earners, referred to as practitioners in this software.
To make wage payments:
- go to EMPLOYEES > HOURS AND WAGES from the main navigation bar
- click on Add Payment or Add Multiple Payments
- Add Payments allows you to select a practitioner, payment amount, and payment date
- Add Multiple Payments will ONLY show practitioners with wages owing based on saved or missed sessions
If you want to know how to pay wages to salary employees, select Timesheets from the help dropdown list.
Q. Wage History Numbers Are Confusing
When you send wage payments to your employees at the end of a month you need to consider the following:
- the wage payment date
- is the date of the payment the last day of the month or the first couple days in the new month?
- example: monthly payment of wages is sent for June 1 to June 30th. If you send the wage payment on July 2nd, this will make your records appear that you had a higher profit in June than you did in July since the wages are deducted in July.
To make your records appear cleaner and easier to interpret, do the following:
- when you make wage payments to employees, at the end of the month, record a payment date of the last day in the month
- in the comment section for the wage payment, say when the wage payment was actually sent
- therefore, the employee will get a payslip showing their wages paid for the month on the last day of the month but with a comment saying it was initiated at the beginning of the following month.
This way, your dashboard chart, income statements, balances tables, wages paid tables, and invoice tables will be easier to interpret since you don't have to take into account the lag between services rendererd, payments, and wages paid.