- Payments Are Revenues!
- What Is Pay Assist?
- What Is The Different Between Add Payment And Add Payments
- How Do I Review The Payment History Of A Client?
- How Do I Register A Stripe Account?
- Where Do I Get My Stripe Keys?
- How Do I Setup Payment Processing?
- How Does Stripe Work With The Program?
Q. Payments Are Revenues!
Within the software, payments are sometimes referred to as revenues. If you see the term revenues used, these are payments made by your clients.
Q. What Is Pay Assist?
Pay assist allows you to accept 1-time payments from your clients. When your client provides their credit card, you can use pay assist to perform the transaction.
Pay assist requires you have a Stripe account. Stripe is free to use and very easy to set up. If you need help with Stripe, please contact support.
Q. What Is The Different Between Add Payment And Add Payments
When you track payments from your clients, you can do it using two methods:
- Add Payment: allows you to record one payment from a client
- Add Payments: allows you to record multiple payments from multiple clients
The two methods are the same. You can even use the Add Payments option to add 1 payment. You can use which ever method you like the most.
Q. How Do I Review The Payment History Of A Client?
This is how you can review the service history of a specific client:
- go to ACCOUNTING > INVOICES
- click on the service payment icon (2nd icon listed) within the options column for the client
- this is the payment history table
Q. How Do I Register A Stripe Account?
To register a stripe account go to the following URL:
Setting Up A Stripe Account
- Do not worry about the developer part
- When you have created the account, you can get your Stripe keys by clicking on the API link from the main menu
Q. Where Do I Get My Stripe Keys?
If you want to use Stripe to accept online payments from your clients, here is a guide for finding your Stripe Keys.
When you login to Stripe, click on the API hyperlink within the main menu. This will take you to a page where the keys can be copied and pasted.
Make sure to get the following:
- Test Public Key
- Test Secret Key
- Live Public Key
- Live Secret Key
After you have configured your Stripe keys, make sure to send a test transaction to ensure it is working.
How To Use Stripe
Q. How Do I Setup Payment Processing?
To set up payment processing, you need to do the following first:
- register a stripe account
- get your stripe test and live keys
If you do not know how to do the above, please search the help section by selecting payments.
Now that you have a stripe account and your stripe keys you are ready to configure payment processing, do the following:
- click on your name at the top right hand corner of the page
- click on ACCOUNT
- click on Online Payments
- copy and paste your test and live public and private keys
- make sure to place the correct key in the appropriate field!
- choose your currency
- click Submit
Now that you have added your stripe keys, you can make a test call to stripe to ensure everything is working.
To the right of the page you will have the opportunity to send a test transaction. Click on the Send Test button.
If everything is working, you will get a green success message. If you do not get a success message, please notify email@example.com right away and we will investigate.
Q. How Does Stripe Work With The Program?
When you have a Stripe account, you can use it to accept online payments from your clients.
- login to their accounts and make a payment
- when they login, they will see a payment processing section on their dashboard that reveals their current balance. All they need to do is enter their credit card information and make a payment. They are never redirected off site. They will be able to review and download a receipt right away
- initiate payments on their behalf by using "Pay Assist." You can find pay assist by going to ACCOUNTING > PAYMENTS and selecting the "Pay Assist" button
- when you initiate a payment using pay assist, the online payment transaction is sent, and the program will record the payment automatically for you
- you can review the receipt / pdf and print it or email it to the client if you wish