- How to create recurring sessions?
- Who can see the public note for sessions?
- How do I set up group sessions?
- How do I save a session?
- How do i add a session?
- What are the session completion options?
- What are custom session completion types?
- How do I create custom session completion types?
- How to cancel sessions due to bad weather or a holiday?
- When adding recurring sessions do I fill out the number of sessions to recur or the last recur date?
- Do you have a package system?
- Can clients cancel sessions?
- Can I use automatic invoicing to invoice future sessions?
- What is ac filter?
- My clients do not see any services or locations when requesting a session
- How do i recover deleted sessions?
- What is a class session?
- What is the display option for classes?
- What are classes?
- How to set class or course pricing?
- How to display class sessions on the online booking tool?
- How to bulk delete sessions
Q. How to create recurring sessions?
To create multiple, recurring sessions, do the following:
- go to CALENDAR > SESSIONS or click on the sessions icon to the left
- click on Create Recurring Sessions from the dropdown link to the right (scroll downward for mobile)
- choose the days you want recurring session to take place. You can select any number of days
- how many sessions are in the recurring schedule? This includes the first session. Therefore, placing the number 10 here will produce 10 total sessions
- select the recurrence type from the dropdown select. Weekly means the above settings will be duplicated for the next week. Monthly means the schedule will be duplicated again for the next month
- finally, click the enabled checkbox. If you do not enable the schedule, it will not be applied.
After you submit the session and its recurrence schedule, you can review it one the sessions list page or click on the Calendar option and see the session schedule visually.
Q. Who can see the public note for sessions?
All participants can see the public sessions note. This includes; admin, staff, practitioners, and clients.
Q. How do I set up group sessions?
As of January 2020, the software will automatically detect the type of session you are adding. There is a single add session form for both group and single sessions. This will help reduce user error and make the software much more intuitive.
You have several options for adding a group session, they are:
From the calendar cells in month view:
- click on an empty cell for a given day
From the calendar cells in week or day view:
- scroll across the time interval for a given day
From the sessions list:
- click on the ADD SESSION button
From the main menu:
- click on SESSIONS from the main menu
- choose ADD SESSION
Any of these methods will allow you to make a group session.
Q. How do I save a session?
There are a few ways to save a session. They are:
FROM THE CALENDAR:
- click on the session. You will see a pop-up box with information appear. At the bottom, if the session is still open, you will see a hyperlink labelled "Complete"
- click on the COMPLETE hyperlink
- you will be shown a list of options: open, canceled, missed, completed
- choose "completed" and click submit
- you have successfully completed or saved the session
Alternatively, if you wanted to track the session as missed or canceled, you can do that too. Remember, missed sessions are billed to clients whereas canceled sessions are not billed.
FROM THE SESSION LIST:
- click on the zoom icon or view option from the list of sessions. This is found at the far-right of the tabular data
- you will be taken to a page that shows detailed information about the session
- choose the button labelled, "Complete"
- you will be shown a list of options: open, canceled, missed, completed
- choose "completed" and click submit
- you have successfully saved the session
FROM THE SESSION LIST CHECKBOX AND BUTTON
- if you select a single checkbox from the list or all checkboxes from the list
- from the dropdown menu select, "Completed"
- the submit button will become active once you have made a selection from the dropdown menu select
- after the submit is clicked all of the sessions that you selected will be saved
- if you selected one of the other options from the select dropdown, those functions will be applied to all of the checked sessions
- the page will reload and you will see the change in status for any and all sessions selected
It is very important to save sessions. When sessions are completed/saved, the client balance, and practitioner wages are tracked. If you do not save sessions, you will be unable to use any of the account functions and this includes tracking your clients balances.
Q. How do i add a session?
You can add sessions in the following ways:
From the calendar:
- click the add session button below the command center icons
- click on a day inside the calendar (or the day cell header)
- week view and day view allow you to click and drag start and end times
From the session list:
- click on the add session button below the command center icons
Q. What are the session completion options?
The following session completion options are available:
- Completed: full cost and wages applied
- Canceled: no cost and no wages applied
- Missed: full cost and wages applied
- Completed with Cost Over-ride: (admin or staff have overide): You decide what cost and wages are applied
Q. What are custom session completion types?
There are 3 session completion types by default. They are: canceled, missed and completed. A canceled type saves the session and does not charge the client or pay the practitioner. Missed and completed types save the session with full charges.
Custom session completion types allow you to create new session completion options. You have control over the client's charges and the practitioner's wages based on a percentage of the service fee or a fixed amount.
For information on creating custom session completion types, please review the help topic entitled: " How do I create custom session completion types?"
Q. How do I create custom session completion types?
Click on your name at the top-right corner of the page. Select "Account Settings."
Click on "Calendar / Sessions" from the page menu. Click on "Custom Session Status" from the page sub-menu.
By default, you have 3 completion options enabled. They are: canceled, missed and completed. If you do not want to use these defaults, click on the name or checkmark. When the checkmark disappears the option is removed from the list of options when a user completes a session.
To create a new session completion option, fill out the form to the left.
Choose a map session status. A map session status is a broad category the new completion type is associated with. Choose the session status that best relates to your custom type. There is no wrong or incorrect option here.
The label field is the text that will appear when a user completes a session. It has a 15 character maximum limit.
The description is the text that communicates specific information about the custom completion type. You want to display to the user what it is and when to select the option. For example, for cancelations that are within 1 hour of a session, you may call this a "Late Cancel," and charge the client a percentage of the full cost while paying the practitioner a percentage of their wages. A description may be: "Use this option when the client cancels the session within 1 hour of the session's scheduled start time."
The modifier type determines if the cost and wages are a fixed amount of the service or a percentage of the service.
For the client and practitioner modifier, provide a whole number that represents the percentage or fixed amount to apply to the client's cost and practitioner's wages.
To extend our previous example, you may want a Late Cancel to charge the client 50% of the service cost and provide the practitioner 50% of their wage. If that were the case, choose "Percentage" for the modifier type and enter the number 50 in the client and practitioner modifier fields.
To review the custom session completion types saved within the software, take a look at the table on the right of the page.
To make changes to the custom session type click the pencil icon. The form on the left will populate with data. After editing the fields, click on the save button below. The changes will show on the table. The search icon will reveal the description for the custom completion type.
If you do not want to use a custom session completion type, click on the red, X and it will be removed. Editing or deleting custom options will NOT affect past sessions that were saved with them.
You will see completion types from the calendar, the session lists (not the open session list), and invoices.
Q. How to cancel sessions due to bad weather or a holiday?
If you have scheduled sessions during a Holiday, you can easily send out cancelations notices via e-mail or text message and automatically cancel the session using the CANCELLATION TOOL. To access the cancellation tool go to: SESSIONS > CANCELLATIONS.
From there you can choose to cancel a range of dates or a single date. On the right of the page the software will show you the affected sessions real time. You can send notifications to your clients, notify and cancel, cancel but not notify. Any combination of options are available to you to handle this occurrence.
Also, you can add CLOSURES to the calendar directly from the calendar. These closures will be visible to all users including clients. If an admin or staff user sees a session on a closure date, it is easy to notice and rectify.
Q. When adding recurring sessions do I fill out the number of sessions to recur or the last recur date?
The number of sessions and last date are an OR selection. Just fill out one and leave the other blank.
Q. Do you have a package system?
Yes. We have 3 modes for tracking your clients sessions and accounts, they are:
- Open Mode
- Minimum Threshold Mode
- Package Mode
Open mode does not enact any restrictions on adding sessions to the calendar. With this mode you have the most flexibility with respect to scheduling and billing. You can invoice your clients before or after services are rendered.
MINIMUM THRESHOLD MODE
This mode is like OPEN MODE but a minimum account balance is required to add a session. The minimum threshold (MT) is an amount you set. For example, if you set a MT of $200.00 and the client didn't pre-pay for your services, the client will not be available to add to sessions because their account does not have a credit of $200.00. Other than this restriction, this mode does not impact any other feature or functionality.
The package mode is a pre-payment mode where your clients purchase sessions.
This mode is very restrictive. A session can not be added if the client doesn't have pre-purchased sessions. The software tracks all package payments and package sessions. With this mode, the client can not have a session if they do not have sessions remaining in their account. Both saved and open sessions are tracked.
Package mode is a fixed service system. The cost of the session is determined by dividing the package price by the number of sessions in the package. This cost per session is FIXED! Therefore there are only two outcomes for a session; full cost and no cost. Practitioners are paid based on the service default wage or custom wage rate, but are paid a fixed amount. Package mode sessions are consumed on a per session basis. This means if a session lasts for 1 hour and 15 minutes incurs the same cost as a session that lasts for 45 minutes. This is fixed pricing.
You can not invoice future sessions on the calendar only completed sessions. Since your clients have to pre-pay for your services it makes no sense to invoice customers for sessions they already paid for. You can still create invoices for saved sessions and add your own line items to invoices. You may want this functionality in cases where clients ask for an itemized report of their service history.
HOW TO ENABLE ONE OF THESE MODES?
To enable or disable the pre-payment of services do the following:
- click on SETTINGS from the main menu
- click on SYSTEM from the sub-menu
- click on SESSION CONTROL from the tab menu
- scroll down to ENABLE PRE-PAYMENT OF SERVICES
- select 1 of the 3 options
- if you select Use Thresholds, set a MT amount in the space provided
- if you select Use Packages, click on the Create Packages link and create your unique package offerings
- all done!
These 3 payment systems will provide you the opportunity to manage and organize your business in a way that makes sense for you.
Q. Can clients cancel sessions?
Yes. You can allow your clients to cancel sessions if you enable the setting and give the specific client permission to do so.
CLIENT CANCELLATIONS & POLICY
To allow your clients to cancel sessions you must enable client cancellations from Session Control AND give each client permission to Cancel Sessions. If you want all of your clients to have this permission use the Bulk Permissions Edit.
When a client is allowed to cancel a session they will see an orange icon on their dashboard under Upcoming Sessions, the session list tables, the calendar popup feature, and the session view page.
You are allowed to set your own cancellation policy based on default and custom session completion types. Up to 3 policy levels can be saved. For example, if you have a 24 hour cancellation policy, clients can cancel with no penalty 24 hours before a session. When a session is less than 24 hours in the future, the client will be charged according to the session completion type you set.
You can enable client cancellations and set your cancellation policy here:
- click on SETTINGS from the main menu
- click on SYSTEM from the submenu
- choose the SESSION CONTROL tab
- scroll down to STUDENT CANCELLATIONS & POLICY
The typical cancellation policy would have 24 in the Before in hours field and 'Missed - Full Costs and wages' for the session status field.
To use the bulk permissions tool go to:
- click on PERMISSIONS within Settings from the main menu
- click on the CLIENTS panel
- click on the BULK PERMISSIONS button
- select CLIENT CAN CANCEL SESSIONS
- choose your clients OR select all
- click on the checkbox
- click on SUBMIT BULK PERMISSIONS
- check the table below to ensure the permission was granted
Q. Can I use automatic invoicing to invoice future sessions?
Auto invoicing can be used to invoice your clients for future 'scheduled sessions.' Invoicing completed sessions will continue as normal.
With this change it is possible for you to enact a pay-in-advance model for your business without having to use Package Mode.
We added an auto invoice history page so you can review the results of an auto invoicing cycle. On that page you will be shown which clients were invoiced, how much they were invoiced, the invoicing interval, and the result of the attempt.
Any errors in the invoicing process will be shown to you. Therefore if there was an invoice error; like sending the e-mail, you can quickly determine what happened and fix the issue or follow up with the client.
We added additional information to the auto invoicing settings page to show when scheduled sessions are invoiced. For example; a monthly invoicing frequency occurs on the last day of the current month for schedules sessions. On that day at specific times the software will run the auto invoicing tool and generate invoices.
To review your auto invoice settings and history pages:
- click on ACCOUNTING from the main menu
- click on ACCOUNT METHODS
- choose INVOICES
- select AUTO INVOICES from the top-right submenu
- select AUTO SETTING or AUTO HISTORY from the menu options
Invoicing completed sessions pulls completed session data from the calendar based on the previous weeks or month. Invoicing scheduled sessions pulls scheduled session data from the calendar based on future weeks or month.
Q. What is ac filter?
The Available Credit (AC) Filter is more restrictive than our Minimum Threshold option but less restrictive than Package Mode.
The AC Filter determines a clients available credit by calculating total payments and subtracting the sum of completed session costs and scheduled session costs. When a session is added, if the client does not have enough credit to pay for the new session, the session will not be added to the calendar. A message will pop-up informing the user of insufficient funds.
Clients and Practitioners who attempt to add a session without available credit will NOT be allowed to do so. Staff and Administrators will be given the warning message, but they will be allowed to add the session.
The AC Filter mode works very well with our new AUTO BILLING option that works in tandem with auto invoicing. With this mode, auto invoicing, and auto billing, you can invoice your clients each month, biweekly, or weekly based on their future scheduled sessions. With Stripe enabled, auto billing can charge your clients, record the payment, mark the invoice as paid, and send the client their receipt. All of this is done automatically and we have a handy history tool to review the results.
Q. My clients do not see any services or locations when requesting a session
To control the locations and services your clients can select when requesting a session you MUST apply the appropriate setting. You can do that by:
- editing your location or service
- clicking on the tab marked CLIENT BOOKING
- select YES for SHOW IN CLIENT BOOKINGS?
This process refers to clients requesting a session when logged into their account. Without this setting enabled the client will not see the location or service as an option.
Don't forget to click the ENABLE EDIT button before you SUBMIT and save.
Q. How do i recover deleted sessions?
If you have deleted one or more sessions by mistake, we got you. You can recover deleted session data quickly and easily.
Here is the process for recovering deleted sessions:
- go to COMMUNICATIONS from the main menu
- go to SECURITY AUDIT
- click on the DELETED SESSIONS tab
- find the session on the table you want to recover
- click on the session row to recover the session
- when the row is highlighted green click the RECOVER SESSIONS button
It's that easy. Don't find yourself spending hours of time to correct a split second error.
Q. What is a class session?
A class or course session is a little different than a normal session.
- enrollment deadlines
- drop deadlines
Clients can enroll into classes before the enrollment deadline and drop from the class prior to the drop deadline.
If the class is part of a recurring series, when a client enrolls, they are added to all sessions in the recurring series. This is the biggest difference between sessions and classes.
Q. What is the display option for classes?
You can access the display option for classes by editing an open class with a recurring number of sessions.
This option is used to limit those open group sessions you want to "display" on the online booking tool. This is for the Group Sessions list not for requesting single sessions.
If you have 10 sessions in a class/course and you only want to show the first 2 sessions in the recurring series within the online boooking tool, you would only check the display box for the first two sessions.
We recommend to display all sessions leading up to the enrollment deadline. When a client reviews the class information, they are clearly shown a list of all sessions in the class/course and given the total sessions number.
Q. What are classes?
Classes can be a single sessions or a group of sessions with an enrollment deadline and a drop deadline.
Your clients can join classes themselves up to the enrollment deadline and cancel from the class up to the drop deadline.
Classes are most commonly used to group a number of sessions together.
When a client or student join a class they are automatically enrolled in all sessions in the series.
Classes or courses can be joined from the online booking tool, see images above, or by logging in to the software and clicking on the join button from the client dashboard:
If you are operating your business with pre-payment mode your clients are asked to make a payment in full for the entire series of classes. Payment can be collected via the online booking tool or while logged in to the software. Alternatively, the administrator or a staff user can enroll a student and accept payments.
For more information on how to price your classes and set up wages for classes see the topic, How to set class or course pricing?
Q. How to set class or course pricing?
Classes need a unique service associated with them.
If you have a class with 10 sessions and the cost of the class/course is $1000.00 you want to set the per session cost to $100.00. In this scenario the service should be fixed. If you pay your instructor $30.00 per session then set the wage to $30.00.
10 Session Class/Course Costs $1000.00
- service cost: $100.00
- service wage: $30.00
- service type: fixed
- service visibility: all
- total cost: $1000.00
- total wages: $300.00
If you do not use a fixed service the cost of the Class/Course would be variable and depend upon the total time. In most cases, hourly pricing is not desirable but it is an option.
With pre-payment mode set to AC Filter the client/student will be asked to make a payment in full before they can join the class/course. The system will check to ensure they have enough available credit to cover the cost of the class.
If you are not operating in pre-payment mode the client/student can join the class/course and you will be responsible for collecting fees.
If you are using our automated invoicing and billing feature, invoices will be generated based on your frequency interval and any sessions or classes within the interval will be added to an invoice. In the case of auto-billing, their credit card on file, if there is one, will be charged. Successful payments will generate a receipt that can be e-mailed to the client. If you are not using automated-billing or there is no credit card on file, an invoice will be sent to your client whereby a Make Payment link will be present. Make sure you are using one of our integreated payment gateways.
Q. How to display class sessions on the online booking tool?
If you offer classes/courses using our online booking tool you may want to limit those sessions that appear in the group sessions list. With recurring classes, when a client or student joins a class they are automatically enrolled in all sessions within the class.
It isn't necessary to show all the classes in the list since joining the first one is all that is required to enroll.
Here is an example of a 5 session class:
To ensure only the first session in the class is listed, go to any of these sessions while logged in as an administrator or staff user and edit the session. There will be a recurring sessions table on the right-hand-side of the page. See the image below:
The eye icon will display the session and the blocked-eye icon will not display the session. Simply click on the icons to toggle between the two modes. In the example image above we see the August 8, 2022 session will be displayed within the group sessions online booking tool. The other four sessions will not be listed.
When a student clicks on the information button in the group sessions table they will be shown all sessions within the class. To join a class or course all they need to do is click on the JOIN button.
After clicking on the join button they will be asked to provide their login credentials or create an account. In cases where pre-payment mode is enabled the client will be sent to a payment page if there isn't sufficient funds on their account to pay for all sessions in the class.
Q. How to bulk delete sessions
It's easy to delete many sessions at once. You can use the bulk delete tool. Go to:
- SESSIONS from the main menu
- SESSIONS LIST from the main menu
- Select those sessions you want to delete using the checkboxes on the left
- Click on the drop down option and select DELETE
- Click Submit
Have a look at the following image as an example: